Thursday 20 December 2012

Front cover drafts


I had to re design my front cover with brand new images as I lost all of my work. However this worked to my advantage as it gave me chance to improve and redesign my front cover. It also allowed me to take more photographs which look more conventional for a front cover. I chose the colour red for the main colour theme as it links with the detail on her face which I created with stick on face beads. I chose a loose test as I feel it looks quirky and unique, which I feel will make my magazine stand out. I also feel it makes it look quite professional and tidy at the same time. I chose a clear title this time, as on my feedback of my other front covers I was told it looked too much, so I went for a conventional white and bold title which is easier to read, over all I think this looks better. I have stuck with the house style of red, white and black as I think this looks tidy and sophisticated, its also easy on the eyes to look at. The plain colours also help the photo in the center stand out more. I have text in the first and third thirds of my cover as this is the most conventional lay out for a magazine front cover, I found this out from my research. I have included quotes and famous names which will effectively catch the viewers eye, and hopefully make them buy the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment