Sunday 31 March 2013

Evaluation

Once I had completed my magazine front cover, contents page and double page spread I printed them out, constructed them in a magazine format and asked some questions to various people in my target audience age range to see what they thought of my magazine and to see if they liked it. This also helped me see what people dont like as much, letting me know what I would do to improve upon this if I was to do it again. I asked 40 people aged between 16-25, and these were my results...

Would you buy this magazine? 37 = yes, 3 = no

Whats the most prominent feature on the front cover? 22 = main image, 17 = mast head, 1 = exclusive

Do you think there is a constant house style that is effective? 38 = yes, 2 = no

Do you think the price is reasonable? 35 = yes, 5 = no

Does the magazaine look professional? 34 = yes, 6 = no

Do you think the image looks conventional? 34 = yes, 6 = no

Would you make any changes to any part of the magazine? 9 = yes, 31 = no

These questions show me that my magazine is appealing to the majority of the people I have questioned in my target audience. However these answeres show me some changes that I could make. Question one shows me that my magazine looks good, as 37 people out of 40 would actually buy it. Question two helps me see if my front cover is conventional and eye catching, this resulted in showing that the main image and mast head stand out the most. I was very happy with this as these features are the two which I wanted to look the most prominant to the reader. Question 3 also shows that my magazine is conventional as 38 people felt my house style flowed through all of my pages in my magazine, meaning that they all sucsesfully link together. The audience for my magazine also believe the price is reasonable, meaning that they think it is priced properly for the type and quality of magazine that it is. All of these questions helped me see that my audience like the look of my magazine, however the feedback from the last question has helped me find out some improvements that I could have made. One of the most common comments was that they thought I should have more images, an extra on the front cover and possibly a couple of extra ones on the contents page. I agree this could look good and improve my magazine as it would add extra colour and features onto my pages, and I feel it could help liven my contents page up. Another thing that my audience said I could change is the layout of the double page spread. It was suggested that I could try to fit my text around an image, which is the most conventional layout for this. I would try this as a draft for next time but overall I am happy with my double page spread and how is looks as I feel both pages work well together as the colours and story link together.

No comments:

Post a Comment