Monday 8 October 2012

Mood Board


For my mood board I decided to use NME magazine covers, as I feel these will provide me with ideas for my college magazine as its a current, young, popular and successful magazine already being sold. From these covers I have learnt that one main photograph works best as a focus point, and the main cover line almost always relates to the person in the picture. There is only ever 2-3 types of font which creates a consistent and professional look, and there are also only 2-3 colours of fonts used which makes the front cover look tidy, the designer also uses this to his advantage as it links different pieces of writing that may not be placed together on the cover. I'm going to base the layout of my front cover on this magazine as I think its appealing to the eye and I also think that it appeals well the the younger generations, as I want my college magazine to do. I will do this by using similar techniques which I have mentioned these covers use to look professional and to be successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment